Ron Paul will not support John McCain for President in this election. Instead he has endorsed four 3rd Party Candidates. Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party, Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party, Ralph Nader who is running as an Independent, and Cynthia McKinney of the Green Party. I have no problem with Dr. Paul not endorsing John McCain, my only problem here is that crazies lie Ralph Nader and Cynthia McKinney are much less in line with Paul than McCain is. I wish he would have chosen to endorse Chuck Baldwin, who was one of the speakers at Ron Paul's rally in Minneapolis during the Republican Convention...or even Bob Barr (who Dr. Paul did not invite to the rally). I believe that these two candidates are much more closely in line with Dr. Paul than McKinney or Nader...or even McCain or Obama. The nation was obviously open to Dr. Paul's message in this election season, but somewhere along the line he lost many mainstream voters. Dr. Paul seems to think it was because the media would not include him in the major debates (which is partially correct), but I also think it was because Dr. Paul and his supporters grew from passionate believers to shrill zealots. I have long agreed with Dr. Paul on many of his stances...but he is wrong to add Cynthia McKinney and Ralph Nader to his list of endorsements because some of his supporters will take him at face value and punch their ballots for one of these two detriments to society.
* Just as Obama gets angry at the McCain campaign for getting angry at the Obama campaign, a very visible supporter of Obama's plays the RACE CARD. These comments from the Governor of New York David Patterson are completely out of left field, and they are meant to be divisive and explosive.
* Democrat Charlie Rangel will not step down even with all of his recent tax problems. Republicans are the only ones who choose to step down when they are caught in compromising positions...maybe they should stop? We lost Newt Gingrich to an affair...Bill Clinton just got a little messy. We lost Trent Lott to a "racial" comment he made at Strom Thurmond's 100th Birthday Party...Robert Byrd (the former Klansman) gets showered with praise by fellow Democrats.
The above was sarcasm...I think both Republicans and Democrats should step down when they falter, whether for moral turpitude or for major political "gaffes". I would mark Rangel's as a major gaffe...but if it was on purpose it would fall under the turpitude column. (I argued the same way against Al Franken for a similar infraction)
* Charlie Rangel's tax problems are a good argument for something else...the Fair Tax. Charlie Rangel is the chair of the House Ways and Means Committee which oversees the tax code...if the chair of the committee cannot understand the tax code, how can I be expected to understand it?!?
* The scariest thing about Obama...and the people who support him. Only 29% of Obama supporters thing the Supreme Court should make rulings based on the Constitution. 29%!!!!!!!!!!
* The Catholic Church says Biden doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to abortion. Hmmmmm...this reminds me of someone else....