Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Biden gaffe!

Here is the height of hypocrisy! I mentioned the other day how Joe Biden said on "Meet the Press" that life begins at conception. Today said, “I hear all this talk about how the Republicans are going to work in dealing with parents who have both the joy…and the difficulty of raising a child who has a developmental disability, who were born with a birth defect,” he said. “Well, guess what folks? If you care about it, why don't you support stem cell research?”
So because Sarah Palin (who has a child with Down Syndrome) is against embryonic stem cell research, she is somehow against families with children with disabilities? Forget the fact that there is NO EVIDENCE that embryonic stem cells can be used to help in such cases (but real evidence that adult stem cells can work), on it's face this is another slimy, and callous attack on Governor Palin. I know Joe Biden has said stupid things before(Example one, Example two) but I had respect for the man because he at least seemed principled...this wipes that away for me.
Not a smooth move, my friend, not at all.

No comments: