The bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is exactly whats wrong with our Government. While Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's failure could have sent shock waves through the worldwide economy(not to mention our economy), it is the Government's intervention that caused the problems to begin with. Of course both McCain and (even more so) Obama are "business as usual" with the bailouts! You should be very angry...
* Some folks think the takeover was a good idea.
* Michelle Malkin backs up Sarah Palin's view of the bailout.
* A very clear and succinct column explaining why Sarah Palin has energized the base and exacerbated the left, by the ever so brilliant Pat Buchanan. I was too young to vote in 1996 but I wish the Republican Party would have given Pat his due and picked him over Bob Dole.
* McCain has picked up a 15 point lead over Obama among Independents. This is the "bounce" everyone talks about and while it is interesting, it's not likely to last very long.
* Top ten attacks that the Democrats properly perpetrated on Barrack Obama. There are actually things I agree with Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden about!?!
* Why is the media so fascinated with "pro-life" Democrats? Wait there aren't any, as this article from Human Events points out.
* The Democrats have flip-flopped on another issue. The problem here is timing, this allows the "do-nothing" Congress to get a few more notches in its belt before November's elections. It also will make some people think that Democrats are willing to change...though the Republicans have been fighting for more drilling for years! If the Democrats would have gone along with Republicans on this legislation a year or two ago, gas prices would have never skyrocketed...oh, but they were worried about Global Warming then...
* A good article outlining the 25 most competitive races in November from Real Clear Politics. I am very excited for this election season, it's like waiting for the Super Bowl or the World Series.