Friday, September 05, 2008

Is it McCain?


Well, I think John McCain made his case for President last night. And for the exact reasons he stated (and the Republicans have been arguing all along) I cannot vote for him. He is an American Hero, a man who has sacrificed more than anyone should ever be asked to sacrifice for their country...but that does not mean you should be President. I am going against my natural tendencies here, but John McCain predilection for working with the Democrat Party on legislation worries me. I know that McCain is the lesser of two evils...but hasn't that been the reason people have been casting their votes since Reagan ran for reelection? John McCain works too often with the Democrat Party and while I am American before I am anti-Democrat Party, the reason I generally vote Republican is because I disagree with almost everything the Democrat Party tries to accomplish. So when a candidate tries to get elected by saying I will accomplish a lot because I will work with the Democrats...it does not make me all fuzzy inside.
* Here is the full transcript of McCain's speech.
* I do think his speech was very good, and it was emotionally moving...I just don't agree with excessive bipartisanship.
* The Democrats say that McCain is too partisan and too entrenched in the Washington political machine. One of the continued themes is that McCain votes 90% of the time with President Bush. Maybe someone can help me, when does the President vote in the Senate? This 90% thing is smoke and mirrors, read this article from Neal Boortz and you'll see what I mean. The Dems use lying as a tactic more often than you realize.
* Ruben Navarette Jr. is quickly becoming my favorite opinion columnist...
* I love that the Brits seem to really like Sarah Palin. In this article from the Telegraph she is called "the New Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan"! Wow.
* The Obama tax plan could plunge us into a new "Great Depression"...I am not being over dramatic.
* It looks like the Presidential race is very, very tight.
* The Mets have a HUGE series with the 2nd place Phillies starting tonight...I will be parked in front of my TV watching these games all weekend! Let's go Mets!

No comments: