CNN has an article up about a plexiglass/copper shoe monument that has been erected outside of an orphanage in northern Iraq. It is a monument to the "reporter" who threw a shoe at President Bush a few months ago. It stands outside the orphanage because as the sculptor says, "Those orphans who helped the sculptor in building this monument were the victims of Bush's war, the shoe monument is a gift to the next generation to remember the heroic action by the journalist." I am not a fan of this war either, and will not be a cheerleader for our previous President but why do you think the sculptor did not make one of these to honor Saddam Hussein when he was dictator of Iraq? (He didn't want to get killed...) Hussein made hundreds of thousands of children orphans, did he not deserve a statue too? (Yep) He even killed a lot of the orphans...does he not stand out at all?
Meanwhile, I have another question. Why is this the story that CNN runs on the front page of their website? Shouldn't they be running stories about the upcoming Iraqi elections? The only other Iraqi election story I could find near the front of their site was about the murders of 3 provincial candidates and 2 poll workers. The Christian Science Monitor has a good article up about the momentous occasion taking place in Iraq.
* 9 Senate Republicans voted with President Obama and the Democrats on SCHIP. Look for those taxes of yours to rise as we move towards socialized (Federal) Healthcare. Who were those spongy, spineless RINO's? It's the same old, same old... Specter (PA), Snowe (ME), Collins (ME), Murkowski (AK), Martinez (FL), Hutchinson (TX), Corker (TN), Alexander (TN), and Lugar (IN). The first 5-6 are our USUAL SUSPECTS but I was a little surprised by the last 3. Not being from Tennessee I am at a loss but perhaps the constituents of the Tennessee Republican Senators are SCHIP supporters...?
Does anyone else get tired of reading that Arlen Specter, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, and Lisa Murkowski are voting with the Democrats again...?
* Rush talks about his stimulus plan.
* The FCC commissioner reminds us that they scrapped the Fairness Doctrine because it was unconstitutional! He also notes that it might be used again anyway.
* Rush responds to the attacks on him from the LEFT.
* The Rangel Rule. Completely Awesome.
* Which states are the reddest and bluest?
* Is it just me or is this happening way too often?
* Ahmadinejad honors killer who crushed baby's skull.
* We need a new Captain America.
* President Jemmy Cawhtah has some reassuring words for President Bush. Video that may support his idea.