As of Noon EST today (about 23 minutes ago) we have a new President.
* How do you counter Obamania? Try Young Americans for Liberty. Any ideas on the messianic nickname that Obama will give himself (and Lincoln doesn't count). Here is a running tally of the Obamamedia's crowning day.
* More media love for "His Excellency" the President. Here, here, here, here, here, here, and here. The last one is Keith Olbermann of MSNBC calling for the prosecution of President Bush and invoking Nazism and Slavery. Keith Olbermann will also be anchoring MSNBC's Inauguration coverage all day today... ah, the unbiased "news".
From Cox and Forkum
* Tom Brokaw comparing Vice President Cheney to Dr. Strangelove.
* President Bush enduring more heckling from idiots.
* Timothy Geithner has made a big mess.
* The War on the terrorist Geese!
* Some Big hopes and fears in an Obama administration.
* The Bush administration was a boon to miner safety.
* Another "Name that Party" media bias account.
* The hypocrisy of Hollywood!
* Would Tom Hanks call the majority of Americans, un-American?
* From the annals of the insane; Whoopi Goldberg on Economics.
* And at long last, from lewrockwell.com, the quote of the day;
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." - Queen Amidala (Star Wars)
I could not find a more poignant quote to sum up the days activities.
For me, I am relieved that President Bush's time has passed and he has gone...and worried now that President Obama's time has begun.