Flag recovered from the remains of the Twin Towers on September 11, 2001.
Please be sure to remember in your thoughts and prayers the many American soldiers who serve for us today, around the world. Also, be sure to remember those soldiers and their families who have served in defense of our great nation in the past...if not for these brave souls our nation would be poorer. Please, I beg of you, the next time you see a soldier in an airport, or at the mall, or wherever you may see one...take the time to stop and say "Thank you" for what they have done, and will do for all of us. Shake their hand, and show them that they are appreciated...it's the least we can do.
Make a difference in a soldier's life (or in the lives of their families):
- Forgotten Soldiers is an outreach to soldiers on foreign soil, to remind them that we are thinking of them.
- The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund has provided close to $60 million in support for the families of military personnel lost in service to our nation, and for severely wounded military personnel and veterans
- Homes for our Troops is an organization that provides specially adapted homes for severely injured service men and women.
- Freedom is not Free provides services for wounded military service members, and the families of service members who have given their lives.
- Books for Soldiers sends care packages to service members abroad. They send books, dvds, cds, games, hygiene items, snacks, socks, blankets, school supplies, etc. to our soldiers who don't have ready access to these things.
- Operation Homefront provides emergency assistance and morale to our troops, to the families they leave behind and to wounded warriors when they return home.
- The Fisher House Foundation supports our military in their time of need, they provide "a home away from home" that enables family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful time -- during hospitalization for an illness, disease or injury.
Please give to these charities as you can, and with a very grateful heart.
* The truth is, that Barack Obama didn't make it any easier to achieve the American Dream. (In fact, it may become harder.) It was already very possible, for those of us who decided it was worth working for.
* Rush uncovers the truth, liberals from Newsweek have long been "creeped out" by President-elect Obama.
* I am not a crazy, right-wing, militant, wacko...but I agree with Congressman Broun.
* The Democrats in Congress are out for blood; moderates beware.
* Intelligent piece about the not-so-intelligent intelligentsia.
* Scuttlebutt is that it's Michael Steele vs. Newt Gingrich for Republican National Committee Chair. Can I vote neither? Neither man is the ideas oriented tough conservative the Republicans need as Chairman. I suggest asking my Presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin to come back to the GOP and head it up...
* To end on a patriotic note, here is a great video from US Marine Corps Staff Sergeant Lawrence Dean performing "Free!"
You can get the lyrics and video of the Sergeant on Fox News from Blackfive.