Common Sense from Wichita Falls:
I am sorry to inform you that I will not be able to pay taxes owed April 15, but all is not lost.
I have paid these taxes: accounts receivable tax, building permit tax, CDL tax, cigarette tax, corporate income tax, dog licence tax, federal income tax, unemployment tax, gasoline tax, hunting licence tax, fishing licence tax, waterfowl stamp tax, inheritance tax, inventory tax, liquor tax, luxury tax, medicare tax, city, school and county property tax (up 33 percent last 4 years), real estate tax, social security tax, road usage tax, toll road tax, state and city sales tax, recreational vehicle tax, state franchise tax, state unemployment tax, telephone federal excise tax, telephone federal state and local surcharge tax, telephone minimum usage surcharge tax, telephone state and local tax, utility tax, vehicle licence registration tax, capitol gains tax, lease severance tax, oil and gas assessment tax, Colorado property tax, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma and New Mexico sales tax, and many more that I can’t recall but I have run out of space and money.
When you do not receive my check April 15, just know that it is an honest mistake. Please treat me the same way you treated Congressmen Charles Rangle, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank and ex-Congressman Tom Daschle and, of course, your boss Timothy Geithner. No penalties and no interest.
P.S. I will make at least a partial payment as soon as I get my stimulus check.
* Camille Paglia's intellectual honesty and her ability to separate each issue from that of the party she supports is a breath of fresh air. I cannot name one other liberal writer as honest or fair as Ms. Paglia. Honestly, I cannot think of a single conservative author as honest or fair either...
In her most recent article for Salon Ms. Paglia unloads on President Obama's weak staff, she also defends Rush Limbaugh! Astounding....
* The New York Times and Investors Business Daily both attack the President's decision to fund fetal stem cell research. Noting that recent study has shown that adult stem cells are the true avenue for scientific advancement.
* Imagine an occupied America...Ron Paul brings perspective.
* Top 20 earmarkers in the $400 billion omnibus bill.
* Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina is the first Governor to reject some of the stimulus money for his state.
* From Reason.com
"Kim Jong Il unanimously re-elected leader of North Korea. Celebrates by writing six novels, successfully hunting a unicorn, impregnating seven Swedish women."
* Liberal Mass Murder.
* Bet you can't guess which Republican Senators voted against school choice...?
Different day same names...Specter, Snowe, Murkowski, and add to the list Crapo (not kidding that's his name). If Specter and Snowe are going to vote with the Democrats on everything...why not just be Democrat?
* La Shawn Barber blogs today about Star Parker who notices that black poverty is overwhelmingly a result of single mother homes. Surprise, surprise...
* And lastly, Jack Cafferty continues to prove that he is an ass-clown.