Wednesday, May 21, 2008

No Obama today...I hope.

I was really interested to read this article on The Hill about how the White House was recently upset by NBC. It seems that the WH took offense to the way an interview with the President was edited by NBC, and from the letter I can't say they are wrong.
I was intrigued by this paragraph too, as it was something I hadn't thought about for a while:
“I noticed that around September of 2007, your network quietly stopped referring to conditions in Iraq as a ‘civil war,’ ” Gillespie wrote. “Is it still NBC News’s carefully deliberated opinion that Iraq is in the midst of a civil war? If not, will the network publicly declare that the civil war has ended, or that it was wrong to declare it in the first place?”
I forgot NBC did this, and was mildly surprised when I realized that they indeed had stopped calling it a civil war. I wonder which side won...if indeed the "civil war" is no longer a civil war.
I thought that this paragraph from Mr. Gillespie was hilarious, he takes a nice swipe at MSNBC:
I’m sure you don’t want people to conclude that there is really no distinction between the ‘news’ as reported on NBC and the ‘opinion’ as reported on MSNBC, despite the increasing blurring of those lines,” Gillespie concluded. “I welcome your response to this letter, and hope it is one that reassures your broadcast network’s viewers that blatantly partisan talk show hosts like Christopher Matthews and Keith Olbermann at MSNBC don’t hold editorial sway over the NBC network news division.”
I liked it because the first thought that popped into my head was "Keith Olbermann is a dummy".
* Apparently minorities don't want to be Republican...this article bothered me...The author says that the GOP is having a hard time recruiting electable minorities. Instead of "electable" minorities you could insert the word "liberal". The reason minority Republicans don't win too many elections is because other minorities call them sell outs. If a black man who believes welfare is "a foot on the throat of the African-American community runs for office, he will be called the meanest names and lose in a landslide. Republican minorities can win in Republican communities (JC Watts, Bobby Jindal and Mel Martinez for example) but not in Democrat ones. The Democrat party has done a good job hiding the fact that they are the party of racial intolerance, and they have instead tried to give the Republican party that label. Anyone who will look fairly at the situation will see that the DNC is not being honest.
* You need to check out this website, I thought it was great.
* I know I said no Obama talk today but I had to post this splendid article by Ann Coulter.
Drill ANWR and tap our reserves, then develop a new fuel source!

No comments: