Generally I leave it to the left to use words like fascist, despot, dictator...etc. However, I will make an exception after watching last nights coronation of Barrack Obama. I am terrified that the Senator from Illinois might actually succeed in his quest to be President. I keep trying to convince myself that the American people are smarter than that...but then I remember that half the voters in the last election voted for John Kerry. Why are so many Americans so hasty to give up everything they have? Let me ask a few questions, maybe someone can enlighten me...
1. Why do Democrats want to continue social security? Wouldn't you rather keep that money and invest/save it yourselves? Can't you use that money to make more money better than the government?
2. Why do Democrats want Universal health care? Have you not seen the failures of Canada and the UK's health care systems? How about this from Glenn Beck:
"According to the U.S. Census Bureau, that 37 percent of the uninsured live in households making more than $50,000 a year, most of which can afford health insurance.
Twenty percent aren't even citizens of this country. One in three are eligible for government insurance, but aren't enrolled. So, while our health care is far from perfect, it's much better than Hillary wants you to believe."
3. Why would you raise taxes on businesses (even big, evil oil companies)? Will these companies keep their prices the same and just lose some profit to pay their taxes? Or will companies raise prices to meet this new cost?
The thing I understand the least though, is this...why would you give away your freedoms for a few "Big government bribes"...
Yes Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama might be making offers of some things that sound nice but if they adversely affect your freedom why would you accept that?
Here is Ben Stein (with Glen Beck) waxing eloquent on the subject:
* McCain has made a wonderful choice of VP candidate in choosing Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin. This was the best choice McCain has made in his entire campaign so far...in fact, I would vote Sarah Palin for President long before I would vote for John McCain.
* Obama's choice of Biden pales in comparison to the Palin selection.
* A great article from Mr. Ruben Navarrette, that accurately describes the hypocrisy that is the Democratic Party.
* Have I ever told you that Jimmy Carter is a clown? Well, I have something to tell you...Jimmy Carter is a clown. He says that McCain is milking his POW status...thank you Jimmy. The man (McCain) can't lift his arms above his shoulders because of the torture he endured...but your totally right...he is milking it! Idiot. Who voted for Jimmy Carter? Raise your hand so I can come to your house and hit you on the head with a tack hammer.