Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer Vacation

From http://www.cfif.org
It has been quite a while since my last post, and now as the summer draws to an end I feel the need to start writing again. I have missed quite a few important events in my hiatus and I might recap my view of the things that transpired in the near future. Today I want to just hit on a few things, to get back into the swing of blogging.

* I watched parts of the Democratic National Convention last night and realized a few things: First, I need to hope more. Second, I need to believe more. Third, America is great. Fourth, I need to hope more...ummm.... Lastly, Republicans are pessimists who cannot buy into Barrack Obama's message.
I have to say that I was hot livid last night during this dog and pony show. Why does the Media never point out the lack of substance in Obama's message? Hope, unity, and belief are all great but how does Mr. Obama intend to unify us when he fights for the exact opposite of the things we conservatives want?
He will ease access to abortion. He will raise taxes. He will raise spending. He will make energy more expensive by not allowing drilling off of American coastlines (even though the Chinese are set to start drilling in the Florida Strait off the coast of Cuba - which will take from our oil deposits). He will make gay marriage a civil right. He will weaken our National Security by casting aside the European missile shield, and withdrawing our troops from Iraq too soon. He will do the exact opposite of everything I want him to do...how will he bring unity between people who believe as I do and his party, who believes the converse?
It has nothing to do with party affiliation and everything to do with the battle of ideas. For his part, I do believe that Barrack Obama has very strong beliefs and I do believe he will fight for those beliefs. The problem is that they run counter to everything I believe, and I would venture to guess the things that about 50% of the country believe. This is why Mr. Obama's message thus far has been clouded in nebulous double talk and opaque cliches.
I hope, I believe, I welcome unity, I KNOW America is the greatest of nations.... I just think you are wrong about...well...everything.
* Mr. Obama chose Senator Joe Biden as his running mate. I have nothing bad to say about him except that I disagree with him on most things too. Also, he seems to have diarrhea of the mouth, sometimes. (Example One, Example Two)
* Here is Mr. Obama being a facist...apparantley now, we can't question his friendships.
* Still have not changed my mind on John McCain...though he continues to move further and further to the right. I just don't think I can vote for that guy.
* The Olympics were great, but China is scary.
* Russia wants a fight...and not with Georgia. I think they are spoiling for a fight with the good ol' U.S. of A.

No comments: